What is Unpasteurized Cheese?
Unpasteurized cheese is a cheese that has not been aged for a long period. It is made from raw milk, which is not heated up to increase the acidity in the milk. The process of making unpasteurized cheese is quite labor-intensive and can take around two weeks to make.
Unpasteurized cheese can be produced in both soft and hard varieties. Soft varieties are usually eaten as soon as they are made whereas hard varieties need to be left out for some time before they are eaten.
can toddlers eat unpasteurized cheese?
The answer to this question is no. Cheese should be eaten only after it has been pasteurized. This process kills off harmful bacteria and makes the cheese safe for consumption.
Why it’s Dangerous for Kids to Eat Unpasteurized Cheese
Unpasteurized cheese is a risk for your child’s health. It can lead to illnesses like listeria, salmonella, and E. coli.
Unpasteurized cheese is a risk for your child’s health. It can lead to illnesses like listeria, salmonella, and E. coli in children who eat it.
This is because the bacteria that cause these illnesses are found in raw milk that has not been pasteurized or heated to kill the bacteria before being sold to consumers.