Goldfish crackers are marketed as a healthy snack for toddlers. However, a recent study found that they contain a significant amount of mercury – which can lead to brain damage and developmental delays in children. The study also found that the amount of mercury in these snacks is almost twice the EPA’s limit.
Can toddlers eat goldfish crackers? Goldfish crackers are marketed as a healthy snack for toddlers but they contain high levels of mercury which can lead to brain damage and developmental delays in children.
Goldfish & Toddler Health Concerns
In the past, it was thought that goldfish were not susceptible to many diseases. However, this is not true anymore. Goldfish are susceptible to a variety of diseases and conditions.
The most common disease in goldfish is Ich or White Spot Disease which is caused by the parasite Ichthyophthirius multi filiis. This parasite can be transmitted from fish to fish through the water or through the air by an infected fish’s scales, fins, gills, and mucus. The ich parasite can also be transferred from other types of parasites like flukes and tapeworms which are found in other types of pond fish such as koi carp and cichlids.
Symptoms of this disease include white spots on the body, lethargy, and loss of appetite. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms take one (1) capsule three times a day for about 10 days
Is it Safe to Eat GoldFish For You and Your Family?
GoldFish are a popular brand of fish that is found in most households. They are also one of the most popular types of fish in the world.
But is it safe to eat GoldFish for you and your family?
Many people believe that these small fish contain mercury which can be dangerous to humans. But is this true?
The truth is, there isn’t enough research on this topic right now to know whether or not it’s safe.